Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Established in 1998, IOActive is an industry leader that offers comprehensive computer security services with specializations in smart grid technologies, software assurance, and compliance. Boasting a well-rounded and diverse clientele, IOActive works with a majority of Global 500 companies including power and utility, game, hardware, retail, financial, media, travel, aerospace, healthcare, high-tech, social networking, and software development organizations.
Due to our explosive growth, we are hiring a Technical Publications Manager at our US headquarters in Seattle.
If you’re ready to take on a new challenge and meet the qualifications, send your resume to careers at ioactive.com, putting your name and Technical Publications Manager” in the subject line...and check us out @www.ioactive.com!
You will lead the development and maturation of IOActive’s technical publishing and document management by managing the daily activities for technical writing of proposals, Statements of Work (SOWs), customer reports and deliverables, sales materials, company collateral, technical advisories, blogs, and associated documentation:
* Manage generation, preparation, and delivery of written documents in accordance with requirements and facilitate review of all documents.
* Work with various teams to understand documentation needs and convert the results into the team's roadmap, goals, objectives, resource requirements, and budget.
* Advance internal standards, procedures, processes, and best practices to ensure efficient resource utilization and professional, accurate, and easily consumable project documentation.
* Drive strategy, direction, tooling, and design of documentation deliverables across multiple products/services and delivery mediums.
* Guide team members with activities related to scoping level of effort, defining deliverables, issue resolution and mitigation, and team dynamics.
* Manage corporate work queue, designate appropriate technical writer, and distribute wide range of corporate documentation including report and proposal templates, resumes and bios, marketing collateral, editorials, press releases, PowerPoint presentations, security advisories, status reports, and letters.
* Manage team workload to maximize efficiency and ensure each writer is able to successfully support the documentation needs of their assignment(s).
* Serve as the documentation "Editor in Chief" by reviewing the work of team members to assess compliance with documentation standards, processes, quality, and accuracy.
* Manage and assist in the ongoing progression of the corporate document control system, knowledge management, and associated processes.
* Work with team members to develop their career plans and objectives, providing appropriate coaching and mentoring to help them achieve their personal and departmental goals. This includes setting objectives, regular one-on-one meetings, performance appraisals/feedback, and annual performance reviews.
* Recruit and train new staff as needed.
* 10+ years technical writing
* 2+ years as a Technical Publications/Documentation Manager
* Demonstrated Leadership Skills
* Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing or related field
* Ability to shift resources to match changes in a hyper-fast environment
* Expert proficiency with:
* Microsoft Word
* Adobe Frame Maker
* Advanced proficiency with:
* Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher
* Knowledge or Familiarity with:
* Apple Pages, Keynote, and Numbers
* Java Open Office
* Advanced proficiency with graphic editing software: Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
* Proven project and content management experience
* Advanced Communication Skills, oral and written
* Technical writing for software security applications a plus
IOActive offers all the advantages one would expect from an industry leader including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance; holiday and vacation pay; 401K; FSA; and much more.
IOActive is an equal opportunity employer. IOActive makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and is prohibited. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects of recruiting and employment, including compensation, benefits, promotion, transfers, and terminations. Each employee also is responsible for maintaining a non-discriminatory workplace.