Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Survey Field Technician - Part-Time (T1)
This position assists land surveyors by operating survey instruments and collecting information in the field and by performing computations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Accurately run and adjust survey measuring instruments including level, theodolite, electronic measuring devices, total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities and GPS receivers. 3D scanning experience desirable.
2. Performs basic mathematical and geometric calculations including closing and adjusting level loops and field traverses and has a basic understanding of atmospheric impact upon instruments.
3. Ability to download field data collector into an AutoCAD drawing file and provide review and edits of codes and line work
4. Takes accurate and clear notes and note reduction by recording survey measurements, descriptive data, drawings and sketches.
5. Reads and has basic understanding of plans and specifications.
6. Must have beginning knowledge of boundary evidence search for GLO corners and accessories, property corners and other lines of public and private ownership.
7. Know basic sources of measurement errors and have basic knowledge to perform analysis of survey data to ensure completeness, accuracy and precision.
8. Know principals of construction staking and field marking.
9. Daily administration duties including downloading field notes and daily reports, maintenance of equipment and survey trucks.
10. Demonstrate abilities including listening, reading comprehension, learning, time management, critical thinking, speaking, equipment selection, judgment and decision making, problem solving, and demonstrates best practices” techniques and a willingness to learn.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. A high school education or equivalent is required including a background in math, geometry and trigonometry. A two-year degree in surveying and mapping is preferred.
2. Requires a minimum of 2 years survey experience. A related degree in surveying and mapping may be substituted for a portion of practical experience.
3. Must be experienced in controlling the function of surveying instruments and calculators.
4. AutoCAD experience is desired.
5. A working knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Word and Excel is preferred.
6. Possess good interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills.
7. Must be able and willing to travel.
8. Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements.
9. Must be able to work in inclement weather.
10. Valid Driver’s License required.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, dealing effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost time or undue strain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee may be asked to walk on uneven surfaces, bend, squat, climb stairs, sit for extended periods of time, work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time, key, answer telephones, discuss issues with employees, and lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently as needed. Brush clearing as required to conduct field surveys.
It is the policy of WHPacific, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual preference, physical or mental disability or military service in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.