Amazon.com Sr. Program Manager, ACES in Seattle, Washington
The Sr. Program Manager, Amazon Customer Excellence System (ACES), will play a critical role in the development and application of ACES in our technology groups, Fulfillment Operations and Retail Businesses. ACES combines Amazon values and technology with the best of lean management and six sigma to achieve operational excellence.
This high-visibility role will require leading business and software teams across the company and around the world to prioritize projects which support increased automation and robotics integration for Amazon operations.
Considerable judgment is necessary because you will be motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment where explosive growth is occurring while achieving impeccable quality. This position requires a candidate with the proven leadership ability to facilitate and guide the application of ACES methods to process improvements with impeccable quality levels in an organization with explosive growth.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical (I.E. Math, Engineering, Science) field from an accredited university.
· 5+ years of successful leadership experience in project management and facilitation of large cross-functional teams in business operations and technology process improvement areas.
· Forming cross-functional project teams, planning and organizing, managing, and executing complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders.
· Innovating for step-change improvement in safety, quality, and cost metric.
· Partnering with Directors, VPs, and other key operational experts across the company to lead, support, and influence new automation initiatives.
· Experience deploying transactional lean, manufacturing lean, and variation reduction methodologies
· Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization.
· Facilitation experience at all levels of the organization; must be comfortable addressing both large and small audiences.
· MBA and work experience in technical field is highly desired
· Prior experience or use of Lean/Six Sigma
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, Perl, Unix/Linux, Visual Basic or other programming languages are a plus
· Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills complemented with the ability to problem solve independently
AMZR Req ID: 506632
External Company URL: www.amazon.com