Amazon.com Software Development Engineer - EC2 Networking in Seattle, Washington
The one-in-a-million failure happens every few minutes...
We collect data from over 15,000 instances running in over 60 data centers
worldwide and analyze the data in an effort to answer the question: What is the customer experience with EC2 Networking?
My team builds software and uses a "data first" approach to uncovering the ways in which the EC2 Networking control and data planes break.
I'm looking for software engineers with a passion for building a data-centric framework to help scale the world's greatest cloud.
If you are a Software Engineer with a strong background and a passion for programming and/or distributed systems, then this is your opportunity to own major deliverables and all aspects of the development cycle: scoping, design, implementation, and testing. You will be encouraged to exercise your judgment in proactively determining and recommending the best features, designs, and support models based on business objectives, timelines, and resource constraints.
The ideal candidate will have passion and talent for solving complex problems of scalability and availability in massively distributed systems. Engineers at Amazon are owners and leaders, taking their applications from inception to operation. This is a unique opportunity to build a new service the right way with a keen focus on operational excellence.
What makes this team a great place to work?
Amazon is an exciting work culture that rewards high performance. You'll experience opportunities to work with the world's best computer scientists on some of the most interesting problems. EC2 is at the bleeding edge of the virtualized computing and networking trend that is changing the world. This is a great chance to work hard, have fun, and make history!
• Build from the Ground up - You will have the opportunity to build new cloud services from the ground up for emerging blue ocean initiatives.
• Direct Customer Contact – The Amazon way is to maintain and enhance what you build. This gives you the opportunity to work directly with customers to understand and guide their needs.
• Scale New Heights - With cloud adoption accelerating, we are challenged with fun, complex problems to think about scale and grow the service to meet ever increasing demands.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
AMZR Req ID: 565654
External Company URL: www.amazon.com