Amazon.com Software Development Engineer - Alexa in Seattle, Washington
Amazon Alexa team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help reshape the way developers create, publishing, discover and interact with Alexa Skills.
Alexa is the voice service that powers Amazon Echo allowing users to interact with Skills using natural language. Since launch we have over 10K+ skills in the skill store and are growing fast. The addition of third party skills such as Capital One, Uber, Pizza hut and many others is making Amazon Echo a must-have device.
The Alexa Skills Kit is a collection of self-service APIs and SDK, that allow developers to build and publish their skills. It also provides documentation, analytics and code samples that make it fast and easy for developers to add skills to Alexa. The goal is to empower developers and create a rich ecosystem of quality Skills for our customers. We are a team of innovators who bias for action and solve exciting and challenging problems.
You are a creative individual who brings a unique perspective to the team. You love it when you can demonstrate what you've built to your friends and family. You take pride in your accomplishments. You have solved real-world problems that everyday customers like yourself face, and you find pleasure in making things better. You seek ways to scale your own impact and have made your teammates more effective. You think beyond the how and why of your projects and answer who else could benefit from your solutions. Other engineers look up to you for your insightful and compassionate advice.
About us together
Together we will build the tools, SDK’s publishing systems and discovery mechanisms that help third party developers build skills on Amazon. We will design and develop systems and enhancements for new ideas that will expand the number of skills for Amazon Echo. We will build the tools necessary to make skill development as frictionless as possible for our developers and analytics that will help them build the best of class skills that delight our customers. We will solve ambiguous problems, create prototypes for new ideas, help each other be better engineers and have fun while doing these things.
· Think big, bringing fresh ideas and interactions that make Alexa skills development easy and intuitive
· You take a long-term view of architecture, proactively fixing deficiencies and/or proposing larger projects.
· You understand the business impact of your systems and show good judgment when making technical trade-offs.
· You are a key influencer in team strategy.
· You bring perspective and provide context to guide future technology choices.
· Your code submissions and approach to work are exemplary. You write software that is easy for others to contribute to.
· You drive engineering best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards.
· When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus).
· You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and engineering practices.
· You ensure your team is stronger because of your presence, but does not require your presence to be successful
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
A bachelor's degree in computer science, interaction design, or related UX degree
At least 3+ years of experience developing scalable online systems that are fault tolerant.
Experience with Java, C# or some higher level of programming language.
Working knowledge of software development processes, along with code management and deployment
• 4+ years of experience in software development
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Mastery of at least one modern programming language such as Java, C/C++, or Python
• Desire to contribute to a diverse and collaborative team
• A Masters. or Ph.D. in CS - Machine Learning, Recommender Systems, Statistics, Mathematics or in a highly quantitative field.
• A track record of innovating in Machine Learning.
• Strong programming skills in Java/C/C++.
Experience with Amazon Web Services.
AMZR Req ID: 519276
External Company URL: www.amazon.com