Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
SNACK BAR LEAD CANDIDATE BANK
Req #: 91926
Department: HMC NUTRITION SERVICES
Job Location: Harborview Medical Center
Posting Date: 01/04/2013
Closing Info: Open Continuous
Salary: $2,113 - $2,789/month - $12.19 - $16.09 / hr
Union Position: Yes
This classification is governed by a negotiated labor contract and is subject to union shop provisions.
For more information about union shop provisions, visitUnion Information
Shift: Rotating & Variable. Include weekends & holidays.
Notes: This positing will be used to fill multiple openings.
The region's only Level I Trauma center, Harborview Medical Center (HMC) is well known for innovations and excellence in trauma care and its centers of emphasis: Trauma, Burn, Neurosciences, AIDS/STD, Center for Advanced Reconstruction and Rehabilitation (CARER), and mentally-and medically- vulnerable populations. In addition to the centers of emphasis, HMC serves a mission population for King County. Harborview employees are committed to the vital role the institution plays in the immediate community, as well as the entire Northwest region. HMC is owned by King County and managed by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW’s School of Medicine. The UW is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
Our NUTRITION SERVICES Department has multiple outstanding opportunities for FULL TIME and PART-TIME AND TEMPORARY SNACK BAR LEADS. The individuals in these roles will be responsible for the following duties in one of the following areas.
Espresso Bar operator - Prepare hot beverages as customers request.
* Promotes positive public relations and helps to create a congenial and relaxing environment by carrying out responsibilities in an efficient, friendly, helpful, and sensitive manner.
* Cooks and serves items using hot production equipment (microwave).
* Takes cash payment for meals.
* Carry out responsibilities in an efficient, friendly, helpful, and sensitive manner.
* Acts as liaison between cafe customers and management.
* Works independently 90% of the time.
* Requests routine repairs.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Hot food service - Serve hot food. Communicate with cooks to ensure adequate food supply. Refill supplies as needed.
* Perform a variety of duties in preparation and serving of food. Maintain sanitary condition of kitchen facilities portion. And Serve food on Café line.
* Promotes positive public relations and helps to create a congenial and relaxing environment by carrying out responsibilities in an efficient, friendly, helpful and sensitive manner.
* Assemble sandwiches.
* Refill food supplies and paper supplies.
* May assist or relieve other employees in higher level food preparation to meet emergencies or on the job training situations.
* Perform cleaning tasks.
* Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Deli - Prepare café sandwiches, salads. serve espresso drinks, pastry’s etc
* Promotes positive public relations and helps to create a congenial and relaxing environment by carrying
Out responsibilities in an efficient, friendly, helpful, and sensitive manner.
* Takes cash payments for meals.
* Acts as a liaison between customers and management.
* Works a flexible schedule, independently.
* Maintain quality standards for food, service, sanitation and safety.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
This position provides the opportunity to promote positive public relations and to help create a congenial and relaxing environment by carrying out responsibilities in an efficient, friendly, helpful and sensitive manner.
Possession of food handler's permit AND two years of experience in food service work, including one year of lead experience, or equivalent education/experience.
Food service experience in a healthcare setting.
The University of Washington is a leader inenvironmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) firstname.lastname@example.org.