Amazon.com Senior Manager, Software Development in Seattle, Washington
At Amazon we work on innovative products that empowers Amazonians with effective ways to build and shape the future of the company. By leveraging machine learning, our systems create a continuous mechanisms to raise the bar on leadership and introduce positive changes in the workplace. Our goal is to help develop leaders who earn trust, remove barriers to excellence and make Amazon an inspiring place to work.
As a Senior Manager, Software Development, you will have technical ownership of critical parts of new, critical parts of this system. You will invent technology that changes the face of organization management. You'll lead a talented and nimble team of managers, engineers, and TPMs to create innovative ways to streamline delivery. Responsibilities include managing an organization of ten to forty individuals, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about solving the toughest software challenges for passionate users; you’ll be excited by working at large scale, and you’ll have a proven record of delivering highly operable and maintainable software projects on time. You’ll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to make the systems you own better. You’ll be intensely customer focused: you understand multiple customers’ challenges and are constantly looking for ways to solve them. You have great communication skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
· 10+ years of industry experience
· 3+ years managing managers
· 5+ years interacting regularly and directly with senior executives
· 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
· Internet and data security fundamentals
· Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
· Proven track record of high-scale hiring and talent management on teams of multiple disciplines
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong business and technical vision
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals
· Ability to thrive in a startup-like environment
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
AMZR Req ID: 579625
External Company URL: www.amazon.com