Amazon.com Senior Analyst, Tax Technology in Seattle, Washington
Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon’s tax team seeks a capable and motivated individual to be a member of the Direct Tax Technology team based in Seattle. Amazon is seeking a tax technologist with proven experience in leading projects, process design, detailed execution, and working with tax professionals and other technologist in all aspects of the Amazon Tax Department’s direct tax technology program.
The Analyst, Tax Technology will be responsible for working with customers and other technology teams to define requirements, collaborate on design and process improvements, building, implementing and supporting direct tax systems and processes. This involves a multi-year roadmap created to ensure that Amazon’s word-class Tax Department is supported by similarly world-class technology and supporting processes.
In order to be successful, the Analyst in Tax Technology must possess the ability to understand the strategic roadmap and engaged in day-to-day execution to meet strategic goals. They must also possess deep knowledge of tax technology and tax process best practices, and to be able to translate that knowledge into actionable solutions. This individual will need to organize projects, define and articulate requirements (verbal and written), and lead staff and consultants on all aspects of project delivery.
We are a fast growing team, so we're looking for candidates who are eager to learn, who are willing to go into unfamiliar territory, and who possess ironclad judgment and integrity around confidential information.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Five or more years of experience in financial systems and processing
· Direct tax modeling and process development experience
· Distributed computing experience
· Process design and re-engineering experience
· Workflow design and implementation
· CPA, Enrolled Agent or other professional certification
· Dual major or advanced degree in information systems is a plus
· Exceptional VBA and/or .NET Excel Development skills
· Experience working with customers
· Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Highly motivated and organized; excellent attention to detail
· Strong SQL and Relational Database skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer- Female/Minority/Disability/Vet
AMZR Req ID: 579667
External Company URL: www.amazon.com