King County Washington Rail Station Custodian in Seattle, Washington
This position is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of various rail stations, elevators, escalators, park and rides, and industrial facilities for the Link Light Rail section. Link Light Rail, operated by King County Metro Transit, is a 20.4 mile light rail line from University of Washington to Angle Lake Station.
Who May Apply This career service position is open to the general public. This recruitment will be used to fill onecurrent vacancy and may be used to establish an eligibility list to fill future career service/and or temporary vacancies that may occur over the next twelve months.
Forms and Materials Required An online King County application and completion of the supplemental questionnaire are required.
Work Schedule This non-exempt position is overtime eligible. Employees must be able to work one of three shifts (day, swing, or graveyard). Work schedule may include non-standard work hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed. Work schedules are based on a seniority "pick" system. For this vacancy, the workweek is normally 40 hours, on graveyard shift; 6:00 p.m. - 4:30 a.m. with a 4/10s schedule. Graveyard shift employees receive a shift differential.
An Employer To Be Proud Of King County Metro Transit is a regional leader in helping people move quickly throughout the region, reducing commuter stress, greening the environment and radically improving urban air quality, by providing comfortable, effective transit services for the thousands of commuters and other residents of King County, Washington. Working for Metro means working for a leader in this nation's public transportation industry.
Great Benefits King County provides our employees with a free transportation pass (good on Metro, Pierce, Community and Sound Transit) and a generous benefits package, (see Benefits tab for more details).
*For More Information Regarding this Recruitment, Please Contact: * Jen Montoya Human Resource Analyst (206) 477-5997 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secure areas for safe cleaning.
- Clean and provide litter and trash pick-up at stations, platforms, park and rides, right-of-ways and various industrial facilities.
- Load and unload small equipment, debris and trash.
- Mix and use cleaning chemicals and solutions.
- Empty trash and recycle bins.
- Operate pressure washers, floor scrubbers, blasters, and associated equipment.
- Clean, stock and sanitize restrooms and elevators.
- Dust, wipe, wash and vacuum surfaces.
- Request and stock various supplies.
- Clean glass and surface areas; remove graffiti.
- Respond to emergency calls as necessary and prioritize emergency tasks in the absence of on-site supervision.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate activities and work with other trades; assist other trades as necessary.
- Perform snow and ice removal.
- Operate company assigned vehicles.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
- One year of recent professional industrial cleaning/janitorial experience.
- Knowledge of basic janitorial techniques.
- Knowledge in the use and care of cleaning equipment.
- Knowledge of basic safety rules and applicable OSHA laws.
- Knowledge and skill in the proper use and disposal of cleaning chemicals and solutions.
- Basic oral and written communication skills including the ability to understand and follow directions.
- Skill in reading, following and safely handling cleaning supplies per manufacturer's instructions.
- Skill in dealing proactively and sensitively with customers.
- Skill in performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in working with a variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Skill in learning new methods and ways of doing work.
Skill in problem solving and analytical skills required to solve common problems. Necessary Special Requirements:
A valid Washington State Driver's License and an acceptable driving record.
Forklift, Aerial Lift, and First-Aid/CPR certifications must be acquired within 90 days of hire date (training will be provided by employer). Physical Requirements:
Constantly lift, carry and move objects of less than 25 pounds.
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Work at heights reaching up to 40 feet.
- Walk continuously throughout the workday.
Working Environment: Must be able to work from high places using mechanical lift devices; work is performed both indoors and outdoors and in inclement weather.
Selection Process: Applications will be screened to determine whether candidates meet minimum qualifications. The most competitive candidates may be invited to participate in a panel interview and a written exercise. Employment offers will be finalized only after candidates have successfully completed physical examinations, reference checks and a driving abstract review.
Union Membership: This position is represented by the Amalgamated Transit Union, Local 587.
Class Code: 9103200
Job Title: Rail Station Custodian
Opening Date/Time: Mon. 07/17/17 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Mon. 07/31/17 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $18.01 - $25.73 Hourly
Job Type: Career Service, Full Time, 40 hrs/week
Location: Operations & Maintenance Facility - 3407 Airport Way S, Seattle, Washington
Department: Department of Transportation - Transit Division