Nordstrom Project Manager - Online Operations - N.com in Seattle, Washington
We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
A LOT GOES INTO THAT TINY SHOPPING CART.
Our e-commerce team at Nordstrom, ensures that customers experience the same great fashion and service on Nordstrom.com, Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook.com as they expect in our stores. This team works throughout the company to deliver great shopping through cutting-edge technology and contributes to the company’s success by driving a best-in-class experience online and will help shape the future of e-commerce at Nordstrom.
A day in the life…
The ideal Online Operations – Project Manager in our N.Com division is customer obsessed, motivated, has a bias for action and is committed to providing outstanding customer service by optimizing operational components of the website to drive our customer experience. The Project Manager will develop structured project plans and frameworks that can flex to cover a broad scope of topics related to strategic initiatives, testing and operations management.
• Drive improvement in operational performance and lead projects in a wide range of topics and initiatives to further enhance the customer shopping experience.
• Clearly communicates goals, roles, responsibilities, success metrics and desired outcomes to cross functional-project teams and program stakeholders.
• Works independently, but also influences and manages project teams, sub-teams and subject matter experts to develop, test or implement new ideas or process improvements. Ensures that multiple projects meet specified timelines to deliver results.
• Provides expertise in problem solving, specifically when it comes to operationalizing components for website features related to delivering a flagship digital experience or to encourage the implementation of process guidelines and guardrails.
• Determines and monitors project schedules, progress and costs to ensure that results are delivered on time and within budget. Maintains, adjusts and updates project plans as needed and works with appropriate business partners to develop and collect performance metrics.
• Represents business unit, department or functional area on cross-functional project teams. Provides functional expertise to assess potential financial and operational impact and provides a framework for problem solving.
• Engage with other teams across the company to influence projects, build relationships, encourage decision making and help identify or optimize existing processes.
• Manage execution by providing direction, delegating and removing obstacles to get work done
• Cultivate innovation by creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
• Maintain a high level of decision quality by using good judgement and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
• Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments that align with the organizational goals
• Provide exceptional customer service through professionalism, ownership and initiative
• Show commitment to Team through collaboration and positive, proactive communication
• Demonstrate productivity using time efficiently and effectively to deliver results
You own this if you have…
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in ecommerce operations, project management or multichannel retail; management or leadership experience preferred
• Ability to identify improvements, make critical decisions and work with subject matter experts throughout the company to get ideas implemented
• Strong analytical skills to support problem solving and strategic thinking
• Ability to organize and plan across multiple stakeholders
• A leadership presence with the ability to speak, listen and write in a clear and concise way
• Ability to influence down the pyramid
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
• Advanced time management & analytical skills
• Advanced communication and presentation skills
• Ability to lead large groups and inspire creativity
• Ability to influence others using analysis as support
• Ability to adapt to changing environment
• Ability to work independently and as a team
We’ve got you covered…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and much more depending on your role.
/We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment./
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.
Job: *Site Operations
Title: Project Manager - Online Operations - N.com
Requisition ID: 309784