Amazon.com Manager,QA in Seattle, Washington
Would you like to experience what it would have felt like to join Amazon in 1995? You like entrepreneurship? Read on...
Who We Are
The Amazon to India (A2I) Technology team builds products and services that solve unique customer needs in Amazon’s fastest growing marketplace. We are a multi-billion dollar business with huge potential to grow in a trillion dollar market.
Our team owns the complete business and seller experience for Amazon India, work on a wide range of technologies (including AWS and EC2) and build and operate highly scalable, low latency mobile first products and services.
Our QA/SDET team will play a pivotal role in this program, with the mission to build and execute a streamlined QA process for the new business initiatives. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up.
If you are looking for an opportunity to lead QA team and build creative technology solutions that positively impact hundreds of millions of international customers, and relish large ownership and diverse technologies, join our team today!
As a QAM, You will coach, mentor and grow a team of QA Engineers and SDETs. You will work across large scale platform teams and define processes and engagement models that address unique needs of End-End testing and Quality Assurance processes for Indian businesses and Sellers.
Who You Are
· You are a sharp, experienced people manager with strong problem-solving skills, a solid software testing foundation.
· You are obsessed with quality improvement and highly committed to building and retaining a solid QA team, creating reliable testing strategy, automation for regression, feature and E2E testing
· You are a talented, detail, oriented and enthusiastic tester who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about the new cutting edge technology offered to consumers.
At a strategic level, our QA team will help drive the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies. The QA team will also drive efficiencies in the QA process and invest appropriately in process changes, automation, tools etc to reduce the overall QA effort for the product. The goal of our QA team is to build a comprehensive test suite that will be utilized to validate the solution in a scalable and repeatable manner. The QA team identifies use cases and creates test plans, defines test strategies and creates test cases to validate software design via manual and automated tests.
· As a QAM, you are responsible for working with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements.
· Responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses that align with team's vision.
· You will work with a team of quality engineering professions (QAEs and SDETs) to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
· You will work with remote, cross organization teams to achieve the desired product quality.
· You will also participate in operational excellence activities for the entire organization.
· Your knowledge and leadership while working with partner teams will be exemplary, and you will you work to bridge the communication gap between our partner teams, and help ensure consistency in our QA activities across multiple shores.
· Bachelor's or Master's in CS or related field with over 7 years of experience software quality assurance and at least 2+ years in a QA Manager/lead role
· Strong QA background with experience in identifying and reviewing test plans, test cases and testing results.
· Knowledge of scripting languages such as SQL, Perl, Python, XML or Ruby
· Proficient in Object oriented programming and ability to write code in C, C++ or Java
· Highly effective at working with geographically distributed QA, business and development teams.
· Strong people management skills with a proven track record in hiring, developing and retaining high performing QA team consisting of QAEs and SDETs.
· Strong project management skills, preferably with experience in an agile development environment.
· Proven track record in identifying and implementing automated testing tools and frameworks.
· Excellent quality and release management skills.
· Established track record for delivering high quality products.
· Demonstrated ability to define and present metrics that help illuminate our quality and quality goals.
· Insight into Amazon tools and technologies, and familiarity using them in a way which enables team members to be highly effective.
· Experience in using APIs and Web Services for testing service oriented architecture
· Familiar with implementing mobile device automation, emulation, and testing frameworks to support on-device testing.
AMZR Req ID: 577026
External Company URL: www.amazon.com