Amazon.com Financial Analyst in Seattle, Washington
Are you looking for the next big Finance opportunity? Looking for a business partnering role with P&L responsibility? Want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing?
Join us at AWS Finance and be part of the S3 finance team!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in blazing the new trails of cloud computing. AWS is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day, but a group that operates with the full backing of one of the world’s most successful web companies.
AWS Finance seeks a world class Financial Analyst to be a key member of the S3 finance team. This position will work closely with finance management as well as key business partners across the AWS organization, including Product Managers and Engineers, to drive thoughtful analysis and controllership in the AWS Storage businesses. Some key responsibilities will include:
· Managing the AWS Storage business P&L and influencing business decisions that drive revenue and/or capital expenditures
· Taking the lead in financial planning and analysis; building complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance
· Developing short and long range financial/operational forecasts
· Developing and standardizing financial reports
· Working on adhoc financial analyses and projects
The successful candidate will implement and drive the core financial processes for the business including Annual Operating Plans, Service P&L, Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews, identify and quantify financial/operational Risks and Opportunities (R&O) to the business, and drive ad-hoc business projects. Additional responsibilities include helping refine the capacity planning process and modeling improvements to help drive positive Free Cash Flow.
This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong people skills
· 3+ years of relevant experience
· BA/BS degree required
· An MBA or MS in Finance or a related field
· Advanced knowledge of Excel/ financial modeling
· Advanced analytical skills
· 5+ years of financial experience
· An ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
· An ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· Knowledge of computing industry
· An ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
· Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills
· Strong financial modeling skills, including knowledge SQL
· Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
AMZR Req ID: 418531
External Company URL: www.amazon.com