Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Epic Clinical Implementation Program Specialist
Req #: 91247
Department: UW MEDICINE IT SERVICES
Job Location: Harborview Medical Center
Job Location Detail: Ninth and Jefferson Building
Posting Date: 01/25/2013
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: Salary is Commensurate with Education & Experience
Shift: 1st Shift (Days)
UW Medicine’s Information Technology Services (ITS) department is a shared services organization, which supports all of UW Medicine. UW Medicine is comprised of UW Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, UW School of Medicine, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW Physicians, Airlift Northwest and UW Neighborhood Clinics. The IT Services organization is responsible for ongoing support and maintenance of the infrastructure and applications which support these institutions, along with the implementation of new services and applications that are used to support and further the mission of patient care, research and teaching.
UW Medicine IT Services is looking for an outstandingEpic Clinical Implementation Program Specialistto join our team! The UW Medicine IT ServicesEpic Clinical Implementation Program Specialistwill provide program-level support for the implementation and ongoing support of the Ambulatory Electronic Medical Record (EMR) in partnership with clinic business partners, IT Services and other UW departments. This position is a critial component of the implementation, integration and ongoing operations of UW Medicine’s EMR in support of the organization’s regulatory, academic and financial goals.
Using operational, leadership, and administrative skills and experience, the Epic Clinical Implementation Program Specialist will define and coordinate the activities required for successful Epic clinical applications deployment including organizational readiness/clinic site preparation, recruiting and onboarding, and close-out/transition to the optimization/ongoing support phase.
The application environment within UW Medicine includes multiple EMR systems, departmental systems, interfaces, and clinical data repositories.
For detailed information on Benefits for this position,click here.
The primary responsibilities of the Epic Clinical Implemenation Program Specialist will be:
DEFINE & COORDINATE WORK ACTIVITIES REQUIRED TO ENSURE ORGANIZATIONAL READINESS FOR EPICCARE IMPLEMENTATION:
* Establish relationships with clinical partners.
* Define and coordinate work activities for implementation of the EpicCare EMR at selected UW Medicine clinics. Provide ongoing performance feedback to project team members.
* Negotiate agreements with other IT Services groups and clinical/business partners.
* Lead multiple consulting activities including interfacing with Medical and Operational leadership at all clinics, defining and coordinating change management plans to enhance user adoption, conducting site readiness assessments and challenge/constraints analysis, and contributing to the project's risk assessment and management functions.
* Serve as the liaison between clinic leadership and EpicCare project leadership during project initiation and close-out phases.
* Prepare, monitor and report status of deliverables and processes in project initiation and close-out phases.
* Act as expert resource for change management and communication.
MANAGE AND PERFORM IMPLEMENTATION PROJECT TASKS:
* Successfully complete project tasks and deliverables within appropriate project phase timelines and with an understanding of task dependencies and timeline impacts.
* Report progress on tasks to project manager.
* Track detailed status of each task.
* Complete all phase completion checkpoints and handoffs within appropriate project phase timeframe.
* Contribute to the development and/or improvement of a repeatable project framework and process improvements.
* Provide oral and written comunications to end-users and other Epic staff in a professional manner that focuses on ensuring clear communications and addresses the needs of the recipient.
RECRUIT AND ONBOARD NEW TEAM MEMBERS:
* Conduct resume review and phone screen interviews of prospective EpicCare team members, both FTE and contractor.
* Coordinate recruiting activities for prospective team members, including scheduling interviews, day-of interview coordination, and preparation and distribution of interview materials.
* Ensure administrative new hire tasks, including equipment provisioning, account set-up and UW Medicine orientation training registration are complete prior to start date.
* Develop tailored onboarding plan and mentoring program to ensure appropriate team-centric knowledge transfer occurs over the first month of employment, including assignment of new-hire mentor.
* Act as primary liaison for communications to new hire prior to start date and during the first month of employment to facilitate a smooth overall onboarding experience and integration into the team.
* Maintain team onboarding and orientation materials.
PERFORM PROBLEM RESOLUTION:
* Perform analysis and troubleshooting for site preparation issues.
* Manager and maintain issue tracking related to site preparation.
* Provide regular status to management, customers and stakeholders.
ADHERE TO WORKING STANDARDS OF UW MEDICINE, IT SERVICES AND EMR PROGRAM:
* Observe standard core onsite working hours.
* Observe Time Tracking policy.
* Observe professionalism standards including dress and punctuality.
* Follow organizational norms with respect to e-mail, distributions, pagers, cell phones.
* Observe absence notification standards.
* Provide regular status reports to Manager/Lead.
* Attend team and departmental meetings as appropriate.
* Participate in go-live support.
* Act as back-up for other team members and functions, as needed.
* Bachelor's Degree in healthcare or information technology related field or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
* Basic technical understanding of computer platforms and operating systems.
* 1-3 years demonstrated experience with change management and/or communication initiatives.
* 1-3 years recent experience analyzing data, defining specifications and requirements in support of project planing.
* 1-3 years experience demonstrating the use of project management principles and tools with multiple, diverse stakeholders in a complex project environment.
* 1-3 years facilitating/consulting group processes in a complex work environment.
* 1-3 years healthcare industry experience.
* 3+ years demonstrated experience with change management and/or communication initiatives.
* 3+ years recent experience analyzing data, defining specifications and requirements in support of project planing.
* 3+ years experience demonstrating the use of project management principles and tools with multiple, diverse stakeholders in a complex project environment.
* 3+ years facilitating/consulting group processes in a complex work environment.
* 3+ years experience in an ambulatory clinic setting.
* Experience recruiting and/or interviewing.
Condition of Employment:
* Fast-paced professional office environment.
* The individual in this position is expected to work normal daytime hours.However, some after hours may be needed to support clinic go-lives.
* Must have ability to travel to multiple sites, including medical centers, clinic sites and other offices.
The University of Washington is a leader inenvironmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) firstname.lastname@example.org.