King County Sheriff's Office Engineer III - Control Systems - West Point in Seattle, Washington
Two (2) YEAR TERM LIMITED TEMPORARY
The Department of Natural Resources and Parks - Wastewater Treatment Division is recruiting for an Engineer III (Control Systems Specialty) position to support the Systems Engineering Team for the West Point Plant Operations and Maintenance Organization. Key attributes of this position include the ability to manage hardware, workstations, servers, databases and configure protocols for various operations-centric control systems. These systems include Emerson-Ovation Distributed Control System (DCS), OSI Soft PI Historian, Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and Hach Water Information Management Software (WIMS). Assignments include supporting the maintenance and enhancement of those systems articulated above as well as development of selective interfaces to other supportive information systems to provide easy access to information. This position reports to the Operations Assistant Plant Manager – Engineering & Technical.
WHO MAY APPLY: Open to King County employees and the general public. First consideration will be given to qualified and current Wastewater Treatment Division employees who are represented by Teamsters Local 117 and who are covered by the Professional & Technical and Administrative Support collective bargaining agreement or the Supervisors collective bargaining agreement in the Wastewater Treatment Division.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday; 8 hours per day. This position is exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and, as such, is subject to the overtime provisions of the FLSA and is not Over Time eligible
- Administration and support of West Point production and development DCS systems, including configuration and management of associated servers, switches, workstations, and routers.
- Configuration, administration and management of the West Point LIMS system and its associated interfaces.
- Install Windows and DCS patches.
- Administration and Support of the West Point control system historians (OSI Soft PI Historian, Data Display, Datalink and Process Book) as assigned.
- Troubleshooting and resolving business and control system network problems as assigned.
- Interact with specific audiences to provide information, listen to concerns and help resolve problems.
- Participating in design oriented projects whose scope includes modification or implementation of new operating management hardware/software solutions.
- Researching and identifying solutions that fulfill the business needs applicable to West Point information systems.
- Provide strategic communications counsel and advice to management and other internal customers.
- Prepare information and give presentations.
- Direct the investigation and troubleshooting of engineering and system design problems.
- Plan project time schedule and implementation; manage and evaluate projects and/or programs.
- Respond to system and network outages during and after regular working hours. Coordinate repairs as necessary.
- Review control system project proposals and make recommendations.
- Identify and analyze issues of concern and emerging trends to key audiences; develop strategic communications objectives, techniques and plans.
Participate in consultant and vendor selection processes; oversee the work of consultants and vendors in control system related projects. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in administering operational control systems and data historians. QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITY
Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve workstation, server and network issues.
- Knowledge of various wastewater treatment plant processes and process parameters.
- Knowledge of various wastewater conveyance system processes and process parameters.
- Advanced knowledge of project management techniques and principles.
- Experience working with Cisco networking equipment, fiber optic and other connection systems including troubleshooting and upgrade.
- Possess a fundamental knowledge in networking and network protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows based servers and Active Directory / Domain systems.
- Demonstrated experience in managing server hardware and associated equipment.
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows Active Directory.
- Knowledge of Network Security Principles and standard practices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and other database software.
- Knowledge of SQL, SQL+ and C# languages
- Demonstrated experience in presentation methods and techniques
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
Demonstrated leadership skills SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION The most ideal candidate will:
Have experience, training and certification in Cisco and/or have obtained training and certification in Microsoft Active Directory and OU management.
- Have experience in administering and supporting Local Area Networks.
- Have experience setting up and managing SharePoint sites.
- Have experience in interface development between data acquisition systems and Key Performance Indicator display and trending solutions.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Be organized with work assignments and setting priorities
- Have the skill and ability to present information in a tactful and diplomatic manner, and working on sensitive issues with diverse groups
- Be a self-starter and demonstrate the ability to identify areas for improvement and provide solutions.
- Have the knowledge in identifying and developing short- and long-range development plans and/or strategies LICENSE/CERTIFICATION
A valid Driver's license.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The duties in this position are performed in an office setting. Travel to various sites (treatment plants and King Street Center) is required. Work in a wastewater treatment facility.
SELECTION PROCESS: * *In order for your materials to be considered - You are required to submit:
- Cover letter telling us how your qualifications best meet the position requirements Applicants who meet or exceed the required qualifications and indicate that they possess the most competitive background in directly related experience, knowledge, and training may be invited to move forward in the selection process. The remaining selection process could include a combination of interviews and simulations.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: This position is represented by Local 117. You must join the union within 30 days of hire.
For more information regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Sue Ruiz Senior Human Resource Analyst 206.477.3294 Sue.Ruiz@kingcounty.gov
King County and the Wastewater Treatment Division (WTD) values diverse perspectives and life experience and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans.
Job Title: Engineer III - Control Systems - West Point
Opening Date/Time: Fri. 09/15/17 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 10/01/17 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $39.58 - $50.18 Hourly $82,326.40 - $104,374.40 Annually
Job Type: Term Limited Temporary, Full Time, 40 hrs/wk
Location: West Point Treatment Plant - 1400 Discovery Park Blvd, Seattle, Washington
Department: Department of Natural Resources & Parks - Wastewater Treatment Division