Amazon.com Concept Designer, Amazon Books in Seattle, Washington
Join the team that just launched the first-ever brick-and-mortar Amazon retail location, Amazon Books in Seattle, WA. We’ve applied Amazon’s 20 years of online bookselling experience to build a store that integrates the benefits of offline and online book shopping. Our doors opened November 3rd and it is very much still Day One. We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us make Amazon Books the world’s most customer-centric bookstore and a place that customers love to shop. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
We are looking for an innovative, Sr. Concept Designer who will be responsible for the implementation design standards as they translate into our physical retail locations. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and has a deep passion for innovative retail design. We are looking for someone who is obsessed with creating world-class shopping experiences for our customers. You can expect to be doing new fixture, furniture, and decorative lighting design as well as supporting strategic programs and initiatives work, value engineering and prototyping. Outstanding project management and communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
· Creates new customer experiences through item/fixture development.
· Partners with Sr. Concept Designer on design concepts and program initiatives in collaboration with cross-functional business owners within the defined parameters of store cost targets.
· Partners with Sr. Concept Designer to create and articulate clear fixture, furniture, and finish direction that meets business requirements and scope.
· Supports creating and maintaining the design catalog, including: fixtures, furniture, finishes, lighting, finishes, artwork, signage, and equipment.
· Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction and changes to consultants and/or team members.
· Informs schedules and timelines with project team and effectively communicates dates to meet all established deadlines.
· Documents and disseminates information about key learnings and best practices to team members.
· Responsible for the design intent drawings and/or sketches and materials for distribution to suppliers.
· Responsible for the development of shop drawings with suppliers to ensure the design intent was met.
· Identifies and then drives value-engineering opportunities on new and existing catalog items, even if outside of their direct scope.
· Proactively researches trend, competitive landscape and inspiration to fuel the design studio.
· Store visits may be required to audit the implementation of standards and to develop new ones on an as-needed basis.
· 4+ years of experience in Architecture or Retail Design
· Experience in: Industrial Design or Interior Design, Custom Furniture/Fixture Design, Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUp software
· Demonstrated ability in industry trends, 3D visualization, and color and design principles
· Demonstrated ability to communicate design vision in visual, written, and verbal formats
· Experience with multiple platforms and design disciplines.
· The ability to work effectively in an extremely fast paced, ambiguous environment.
· The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem solving skills.
· Proven track record of owning project from start to finish – self-starter and self-directed
· Proactive and flexible attitude; willingness to take an “all hands on deck” approach
· Formal interior design or industrial design background strongly preferred but not required.
· Knowledge of current sustainability trends and practices preferred
AMZR Req ID: 559344
External Company URL: www.amazon.com