Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Cloverleaf Interface System Programmer
Req #: 91817
Department: UW MEDICINE IT SERVICES
Job Location: Harborview Medical Center
Job Location Detail: Ninth and Jefferson Building
Posting Date: 11/15/2013
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Shift: 1st Shift (Days)
UW Medicine Information Technology Services department is a shared services organization, which supports all of UW Medicine. UW Medicine is comprised of UW Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, UW School of Medicine, and UW Physicians Network. The IT Services organization is responsible for ongoing support and maintenance of the infrastructure and applications which support these institutions, along with the implementation of new services and applications that are used to support and further the mission of patient care, research and teaching.
UW Medicine IT Services is looking for an outstandingINTERFACE SYSTEM PROGRAMMER (CLOVERLEAF)to join our team! The primary responsibility of the Interface System Programmer is the development, implementation, and subsequent support of interface programs that transfer information among the various information systems used at UW Medicine. The work will focus on real-time interfaces based on TCP/IP connectivity and include batch interfaces based on the SCP protocol.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Conducting moderate to complex analysis and design tasks for the development of interface systems.
* Performing complex programming in the development and implementation of interface systems with emphasis on minimizing support and maintenance requirements.
* Implementing interfaces in UW Medicine’s interface environment ensuring integrity of data and minimizing disruption to customers.
* Providing support and maintenance of interfaces.
* Responsible for engineering and programming new integration solutions.
* Develop, test, and implement interfaces using the Cloverleaf interface engine tool set.
* Perform thorough quality assurance testing to ensure all implemented interfaces are of the highest reliability.
* Work closely with others to ensure that synchronization of data occurs with interfaced application systems across associated UW Medicine entities.
* Manage interface projects and maintain interface project plans.
* Work with other system programmers to minimize design and application program risks associated with interface implementation.
* Work directly with vendors in all phases of project implementation.
* Collaborate as team member in all aspects of work.
* Work with the Integration Team to develop and enforce standardized methodology for the development of interface systems.
* Participate in departmental process improvement projects as assigned.
* Perform on-call duties as assigned.
* Perform other duties as required.
Competitive candidateswill have experience with:
* Electronic Data Interchange
* Embedded SQL in the C programming language
* Shell programming
* Scripting languages (e.g. Tcl and PERL)
* Cerner Millennium products
For detailed information on Benefits for this position,click here.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or applicable discipline, or a two year degree and equivalent work experience.
* Experience (2-7years) in information technology.
* Three years progressively responsible experience in systems programming and support, including at least two years experience in application development using relational database technologies.
* Two years’ experience with the Cloverleaf interface engine.
* Ability to work independently and to adapt to new and changing technologies.
* Must have experience in development of complex real-time interfaces in a TCP/IP environment.
* Demonstrated experience with the HL7 protocol.
* Two years’ experience with UNIX operating system.
* Ability to work effectively with programmers and users of various levels of technical background.
* Demonstrated experience in support of production systems.
* Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
The University of Washington is a leader inenvironmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) email@example.com.