Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Electrical Designer I-II
LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY?
ENJOY A NEW EXCITING CAREER IN A GROWING INDUSTRY!
AREVA supplies solutions for power generation with less carbon. Its expertise and unwavering insistence on safety, security, transparency and ethics are setting the standard, and its responsible development is anchored in a process of continuous improvement.
Ranked first in the global nuclear power industry, AREVA's unique integrated offering to utilities covers every stage of the fuel cycle, nuclear reactor design and construction, and related services. The group is also expanding in renewable energies - wind, solar, bioenergies, hydrogen and storage - to be one of the top three in this sector worldwide in 2012.
With these two major offers, AREVA's 48,000 employees are helping to supply ever safer, cleaner and more economical energy to the greatest number of people.
AREVA provides its customers with solutions for low-carbon power generation in North America and all over the world. As the leader in nuclear energy and a significant, growing player in the renewable energies sector, AREVA combines U.S. and Canadian leadership, access to worldwide expertise and a proven track record of performance. Sustainable development is a core component of AREVA's strategy. Its more than 5,000 U.S. and Canadian employees work every day to make AREVA a responsible industrial player helping to supply ever cleaner, safer and more economical energy to the greatest number of people. AREVA Inc. is headquartered in Bethesda, MD. Visit us athttp://us.areva.comor follow us atTwitter.
The AREVA Front End Business Group:
The Front End Business Group combines activities associated with the conversion and enrichment of uranium and with the design and fuel production for nuclear reactors. The production capacities of the Group, one of the world's leaders in the sector, are undergoing modernization.
Plant Engineering, Technical Support and Maintenance Department:
The Plant Engineering, Technical Support and Maintenance Department supports manufacturing of nuclear fuel. It consists of four teams; Mechanical/Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering and Maintenance.
AREVA is seeking an Electrical Designer for our Electrical Engineering Design team in Richland, WA.
Responsibilities and duties include:
* Performs a variety of more complex design assignments typically in areas of instrumentation & controls design.
* Will work with engineers to develop detailed electrical design drawings and P&IDs.
* Will perform field walk downs and assist plant craftsmen during installation.
* Receives minimal assistance and instruction on most assignments and solutions.
* Ensures compliance with engineering standards.
* Independently evaluates, selects and applies a variety of technical techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment in making complex design solutions.
* Works on special projects, as directed.
* Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
* Designer I- High school diploma or equivalent with completed coursework in drafting and CAD, plus minimum of 6 - 8 years of related experience. An AA degree may substitute for equivalent years of work experience.
* Designer II- High school diploma or equivalent with completed coursework in drafting and CAD, plus minimum of 8 - 10 years of related experience. An AA degree may substitute for equivalent years of work experience.
* Advanced knowledge of NFPA (related to electrical and I&C) and UL 508 codes/standards.
* Strong knowledge of electronics, PLCs, motor controls and relay logic.
* Good communication skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data.
* Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
* Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
* Must be able to apply advanced CAD techniques using Autocad.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
* Familiar with Microstation.
* Familiar with Allen Bradley control systems
* Strong analytical ability and problem identification/resolution skills.
* Familiar with advanced CAD techniques using Solidworks.
Sporadic (5%) domestic and international travel to other AREVA facilities globally and off-site training.
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. AREVA recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee.
Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Join AREVA today, revolutionize the energy industry and energize your future!