Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer 2 in Redmond, Washington
Do you have passion to build and run world class software, using cutting-edge Microsoft technology and modern BI best practices to solve complex problems? Are you excited by driving technology strategy and vision? Corporate Functions Engineering Finance is looking for a Software Engineer seeking these challenges.
As a Software Engineer, you will be involved in designing, coding, validating and supporting BI capabilities that enable our mission critical business processes. You will have the opportunity to design and develop creative, compelling, and cutting-edge systems that support our world-wide operations. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies (BI, Big Data, Cloud) while engineering for automated testing, Continuous Integration and Deployment as well as instrumenting telemetry to monitor and trouble-shoot the customer experience. We are Microsoft’s first commercial customer for new services and devices at scale. We partner closely with Microsoft product engineering teams to ensure a great solution is delivered that can help our customers around the world and serve as a showcase to industry.
This is a data-driven and fast paced environment where engineers are empowered to innovate and take ideas from conception to scale!
In this role, you will:
Provide and execute on a data driven approach to software
engineering through designing, coding, testing, debugging,
problem solving and analytical skills.
Contribute to designs considering performance and
maintainability and test interfaces that solve classes of
enable integration across groups of components, improve reuse
to satisfy customer, engineering requirements. Consider
maintainability and reliability during design.
Participate in On Call and Site Reliability rotations to support
live site and drive engineered solutions to improve customer
Grow and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and
Gain understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate
with others to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences
for our users.
Contribute to our new cloud based architecture leveraging
technologies such as Apache Spark with Scala, Azure Event
Hubs, SQL Azure, HD Insight and Hadoop
• Strong BI, Data Warehouse, reporting frameworks,Relational Database development and performance tuning skills on large scale enterprise systems (4+ years).
• Development and test automation experience (3+ years)
• Overall, 4+ years of software engineering experiencesbuilding and shipping large-scale, high performance, scalable systems and services.
• 3+ years of industry experience with Microsoft Serverproducts, and Azure Platform technologies
• Experience in delivery thru agile practices. 1 year
PREFERRED, NOT REQUIRED:
• Experience in a DevOps culture supporting live site.
• Practical knowledge of common storage options includingJSON, Parquet and ORC formats.
• Experience in ETL Tools such as SSIS or Informatica.
• Previous experience with building on Azure or other Cloudsolutions.
• Experience with any of the following testing practices:performance, security, privacy, accessibility.
• Experience with Continuous Delivery practices, TDD.
• Experience in Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) andREST.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, ComputerInformation Systems, Math, Engineering or other technical field.
• Experience with Big Data and Analytics platform: HDInsight(Hadoop, Spark, HBase).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Information technology (IT) & operations