Microsoft Corporation Senior Visual/Motion Designer in Redmond, Washington
We are a multidisciplinary and dynamic organization with the goal to reinvent and design products that will impact millions. The Windows Photos and Video team is seeking a Sr. Visual/Motion Designer to join us in crafting exciting, differentiated experiences for Windows. You are a confident and experienced designer who seeks quality in creative visualization, interaction and execution. Pixels matter to you and you sweat the details, keeping the magic alive by aligning our storytelling and user delight with flawless visualizations. In this role, you will be key in delivering and inspiring great designs. From research to production, you will collaborate with other disciplines to create innovative experiences that span across all Microsoft devices. You communicate effectively, clearly articulate ideas and are comfortable presenting designs to partners. Your designs are innovative and attractive, while keeping in alignment with an established visual design language. A deep understanding of the design process is a requirement, including, interaction design, visual research, rapid prototyping, visual design, motion design, brand integration, and asset and content creation. If you have been dreaming of an opportunity to flex your creative abilities and impact millions, we can take you there.
• Work closely with the Art Director, Creative Director and Design Leads to establish strong visual narratives across multiple work-streams
• Concept, design and animate elegant UI and visuals that clearly communicate high value to our users
• Assist in or own the concept and production of vision videos, demos, motion studies, 2D/2.5D/3D animation and prototypes - and sometimes final assets - to establish and drive product vision
• Document design decisions and guidelines for consumption by our team and key partner teams
• Work closely and iteratively with developers to ensure design accuracy and consistency throughout the creative process
• Apply innovative visual design problem-solving skills within the shared visual design language and aesthetic of Windows
• Apply a diverse range of visual styles and design aesthetics where needed
• 5+ years as a professional visual, motion and/or interactive designer
• You have a real passion for flawless, delightful and differentiated user experiences, as well as invention and human computer interaction
• Your portfolio demonstrates user-centered design approaches, interaction design standards and confident motion graphics and visual design skills
• You display the ability to craft and communicate concise, impactful and delightful visual assets, systems and narratives
• You’re self-motivated and comfortable stepping into all aspects of the process as well as with the ambiguities inherent in an innovative design space
• You display a solid knowledge of traditional design tools such as Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/After Effects/Premiere, and are also willing to learn new tools
• You embrace teamwork and partnership, are a receptive listener and always take an open-minded and collaborative approach to design
• You’re capable of reducing complex concepts and challenges into easily understandable, actionable tasks?
• You can visually communicate your ideas via sketches and storyboards, motion sketches, previs, etc working Low-Fi to High-Fi
• Experience with creating interactive prototypes, using such tools as Adobe Experience Design, Axure or other prototyping tools, plus any related coding and/or markup language
• Ability to design and deliver interactions and flows that embrace or extend existing design patterns
• Comfort with designing for and working in 3D - e.g. Cinema4D, Maya, Modo, etc.
• Experience with visual storytelling, illustration and graphic design across different media types, beyond interactive software products
• Experience designing UI/UX for mobile, tablets and desktop products
We value diversity and inclusion at Microsoft. Maximizing the contribution of every individual allows us to infuse diverse thought as a natural part of the way we innovate.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.