Microsoft Corporation Senior Service Engineer in Redmond, Washington
Come surround yourself with people who are extraordinarily passionate about cloud computing, smart, and believe that extraordinary support is critical to customer success. With Microsoft Azure, you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud.
We are the Azure Customer Engineering (CXP) team- a fast growing Engineering team of customer-obsessed individuals seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems and working with customers to improve their experience on Azure. We are looking for talented individuals with diverse technical backgrounds, passionate about enabling a healthy ecosystem for Azure technical communities.
As a Senior Cloud Community Engineer, you'll represent Microsoft and Azure as you interact directly with our Developer community to resolve customer issues. You are responsible for ensuring the community engineering team is setup for success. You'll provide necessary coaching and training to enable the team to achieve their performance goals. You will become the domain expert and provide advice and guidance necessary to ensure team success.
Our community engineers are also the voice of the customer and have a strong relationship with the Azure development teams to identify and resolve recurring issues, drive feature requests and improve product documentation. If you enjoy coding and helping other developers, then we want you!
Areas of responsibility include:
• Owning customer escalations and leading efforts to ensure our customers are delighted with their Azure experience.
• Leading and growing the team of community engineers to ensure they achieve their career and performance goals.
• Optimizing engagement processes to ensure the team is providing prompt, effective, accurate, customer-oriented service to Azure customers and developers.
• Providing deep technical and process insights to help develop machine-learning based tools to significantly improve the scale and effectiveness of the community engineering team.
• Being of the voice and advocate for our customers, performing deep dive analysis and acting on observed areas for improvement.
• Collaborating with Engineering and other cross-functional team leaders to provide community insights to help drive feature decisions.
• Developing detailed knowledge about specific product lines and features and building necessary tools and processes to ensure knowledge transfer within both the community engineering team and CXP.
• Engaging directly with Azure developers and IT professionals in Azure communities including MSDN and StackOverflow to answer technical questions and help solve customer problems.
• Running projects to create and update Azure product documentation to help customers build solutions on Azure.
• Working with customers to understand how they use Azure services, and providing valuable feedback to business and development teams.
• Actively seeking solutions to customer and team needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience.
Experience and skills:
• Proven team leader with history of building highly effective and collaborative teams.
• Strong passion for helping developers connect people and communities through the cloud.
• Demonstrable technical depth in software development and contributions to the overall ecosystem.
• Experience owning and driving resolution of customer issues.
• Highly cooperative and confident in your interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with a variety of teams across the world.
• Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
• Strong multi-tasker and self-starter with passion for technology.
• 5+ years of experience working with enterprise customers on Azure specific solutions, application development and deployment
• Proven success in a fast-paced, technical support and customer facing roles
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Expertise with network monitoring/troubleshooting tools
• Familiarity with Azure cloud networking concepts, connectivity (geo-redundancy, CDN, VPN) and tools
• Familiarity with Azure cloud deployment and development tools (i.e. PowerShell, Visual Studio, .NET, Python)
• Programming/scripting experience (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP
• Experience running full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.