Microsoft Corporation Senior Program Manager in Redmond, Washington
It’s Azure, is there anywhere else you want to be? Microsoft’s number one growth engine and this planet’s second largest public cloud needs you to work on the heart and mind of Azure. Envision yourself working in a challenging, fun, and exciting environment with huge scope enabling you to influence and impact all Microsoft engineers and Azure customers. During live site incidents and outages, engineers need to find the proverbial needle in a haystack that caused the service failure. If you want to build the hammer for their nail, then join us and lead the diagnostics & remediation product strategy for 1st & 3rd party customers.
If you are passionate, charismatic, and love designing high-scale, dial-tone grade services then come join our motivated and talented PM team. Are you ready to influence our roadmap, strategy, backlog, marketing, and business decisions? No where do you get it all other than here in CloudES.
In this role, you will own Geneva Monitoring & Azure Monitor’s product strategy using your great, out of the box thinking to differentiate our platform from others across the industry. You must hypothesize, experiment, try new things, obsess over your customers, and question everything while developing amazing user experiences. Using your well-honed PM skills, you will collect business requirements from customers, develop and own the planning of building the right experiences, and negotiate and partner with engineering and the design team to absolutely delight our customers. If you like telling great stories and showing off the product you’ve built, this is the place where you get to define the go to market strategy and execute it using your great communication skills.
Is this the right job for you?
• You’re passionate: You come to work with the goal of changing the lives of your customers
• Desire challenges: You understand the complexities of running high scale, dial-tone grade, services that must work even when everything else doesn’t
• Possess customer empathy: You understand technology demands are consistently changing and evolving and thrive on meeting customer needs
• You love product: You love wallowing in user experiences that are user centered and working closely with design teams to build beautiful product
• You’re analytical: You enjoy the art of collecting, mining, and using data to drive your decision making using strong, well-cured analytical thinking
• Must be learning: You tinker, think differently, and are constantly in learn mode and challenging all the norms in pursuit of that next great idea
Come join the team charted with improving the life of every engineer at Microsoft and Azure customers!
• BS or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering degree
• 2+ years using Microsoft or the equivalent cloud platform (Azure, AWS, etc.)
• 7+ years of building and shipping software
• A strong background of influencing others
• Proven record of action oriented and self-starter
• Proven deep analysis of customer usage and feedback
• Prior experience using industry monitoring & diagnostics tools running enterprise grade services
• Prior experience years supporting or operating a large web-scale service (preferably as a software engineer)
• 2+ years’ experience in outbound marketing & competitive analysis in a technical field
• Prior experience developing end-to-end Web and mobile customer experiences
• Proven skills as solving complex user scenarios with creative solutions
• Experience with organization and attention to detail
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Program management (engineering)