Microsoft Corporation Senior Program Manager - Robotics in Redmond, Washington
The Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), and edge computing are coming together to unlock human potential and transform the world. This convergence represents an incredible opportunity for Microsoft - in fact, we made it a major focus at Build 2017: https://aka.ms/b2017edge. It also represents an incredible opportunity for you: this is your chance to be a leader in the next revolution of computing.
We’re the Windows 10 IoT team and we bring Windows to all kinds of devices and scenarios, from industrial robots with computer vision, to smart displays in retail stores, to automation controllers in connected factories, to a smart gateway that brings AI and edge computing to the farms that feed the world: https://aka.ms/iotfarm.
Our team is looking for a Senior Program Manager to drive our efforts to make Windows a leader in Robotics.
• Develop a keen understanding of Robotics, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, and Edge Computing
• Build and drive a cohesive vision for how these come together to make amazing solutions for Microsoft's customers
• Engage directly with customers to understand their needs and scenarios, get feedback on our products, and help them go to market successfully
• Ensure we are building a complete end-to-end product which meets customer needs
• Form strong, positive relationships with our partner teams across Windows, Azure, AI+Research, and the industry at large
• Engage broadly with the Robotics industry through conferences, social media, and other one-to-many outlets, to understand industry trends and ensure our strategy is clearly communicated
• Drive our interaction with the Open Source Robotics Foundation and ROS Consortium
• 5+ years of technology program management, software development, or software engineering experience
• 1+ years of product engineering experience working on Robotics, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Edge Computing, OS components, or embedded devices.
• Passion for both customer scenarios and technology, ability to balance requirements with conflicting customer needs
• Excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills
• A positive outlook and a willingness to learn, share, and improve
• Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence
• Strong cross-group collaboration skills
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other technology discipline
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Program management (engineering)