Microsoft Corporation Senior Product Marketing Manager in Redmond, Washington
Software developers play an essential role in any digital transformation. Our Cloud Apps Dev and Data (CADD) team is working on key developer events that define exciting moments-in-time where Microsoft is able to share new technology announcements that enable developers to create the next generation of innovation.
Do you want to work across teams and products such as Visual Studio, Visual Studio Team Services/TFS, .NET, Azure, SQL Server, Cosmos DB, Windows platform, Office, and many more to help them announce the next big thing? Do you want to help define the session content at the next big tier 1 developer event? Do you want to help shape the expo that makes developers delighted to join us at a major moment-in-time? Do you want to help influence the online videos and digital experiences that share stories, training and announce new release to millions of developers? If your answer is yes, then this is the job for you!
Join a team of Product Marketing Managers that are working to build these amazing digital and physical experiences! Be part of the team that truly drives the end-to-end story at tier 1 events such as Build, Ignite, Connect();, .NET Conf, product launches and much more.
Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Work in collaboration with your Product Marketing Manager peers, engineering teams and many others to lead the implementation of large scale developer events.
• Work closely with engineering teams to ensure their input is accounted for to generate the best possible event outcomes for our developer products, while at the same time balancing this with marketing considerations and limited resources.
• Scale your ability to deliver the correct event outcomes for your team by collaborating closely with your peer Product Marketing Managers that own individual products/product areas, so that they can help guide your decisions on their behalf within the bigger picture that you will be managing.
• Collaborate closely with both your senior management and engineering management teams to get their input and approvals on various event decisions.
• Be responsible to build initial plans for and get team buy-in on a large variety of content, including: breakout sessions, theater talks, pre-recorded videos, executive Q&A sessions, Channel 9 live schedules, etc.
• Be part of the team as a technical expert or at times be in the driving seat behind physical experiences at event expos, such as those at Build and Ignite.
• Manage the creation of video content for product/scenario/feature evangelism by collaborating with engineering teams, production studios and completing all projects within budget and at scale.
• Help keep your immediate product marketing team peers and management informed with timely updates through meetings and regular written communications.
• Deep technical breath and understanding of the Microsoft developer eco-system including tools, services, operating systems and cloud platform.
• Passion to proactively and quickly learn new and emerging technologies and ability to apply that knowledge to planning of large scale developer developers.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are required, with the ability to speak to and debate topics until you find common ground/resolution in very large meetings of your peers and collaborators should be expected.
• Able to work under pressure and advocate your teams position as part of complex cross-organization collaboration required during large event planning.
• A profound sense of ownership and accountability is absolutely required alongside the ability to stay on schedule across dozens of parallel job tasks.
• Having the capacity to be the advocate for our customers, while at the same time balancing all others priorities, yet being focused on ensuring that customers come first in all digital experiences and physical events.
• Understanding of how digital content for developers is made (technical videos, podcasts, etc.) is a plus.
• Previous Product Marketing experience is a plus, but deep technical knowledge of the Microsoft developer stack is required.
• Vendor and budget management is a plus.
• Some travel to select tier 1 and third-party events is required.
• 4+ years of Technical Marketing, Program Management or Product Management required
• A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or some related discipline OR four-plus years of equivalent software development job experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.