Microsoft Corporation Program Manager in Redmond, Washington
Learning empowers people. Learning can change lives. Here is an opportunity for you to influence online learning.
We reach millions of learners where they are, anytime, anywhere, and serve up content, such as online courses and labs. Our team delivers opportunities for professionals to gain technical skills through online learning. We build learning experiences, enabling people around the world to get the professional skills they need to get a job or advance their career.
Our team uses Microsoft's cloud assets and open source technologies to build a cloud-hosted learning experiences. Our customers have a range of learning modalities available, including video content, assessments, simulations, and virtual labs. In addition, we're adding rich analytics, social learning, and recommendations to support personalized learning. The platform consists of a powerful set of services exposed through a few product lines. You can check out Microsoft Virtual Academy, mva.microsoft.com, for one learning experience; and the Microsoft Professional Program is at academy.microsoft.com. You'll also find Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) on our Open edX instance at openedX.microsoft.com. More Microsoft courses are on edX.org too.
On our engineering team, the PMs rely on data, engage directly with partners and customers, and are knowledgeable about the online learning landscape. This helps us make informed decisions about how to deliver experiences for professional learning. We have an immediate opening for a Program Manager to focus on our online learning offerings which serve Microsoft employees, partners, and customers. You’ll gain expertise on Open edX, an open source platform that powers edX courses, and how to deliver the best learning experiences for our customers through a learning graph.
On this engineering team, you'll define and work with a scrum team to implement the needs across an entire learning ecosystem: learners, technology partners, content partners, and partners both internal and external to Microsoft. You'll be a resident expert on Open edX regarding what is in the current release and knowledgeable about future horizons. You'll also be active in the Open edX community.
In this role, you’ll be part of an engineering team operating with an agile cadence; so, you'll be working closely across engineering, marketing, business, content creators, and operations. You are self-directed, passionate about customers, and committed to delivering business impacting results. We're seeking a PM who can gain a deep understanding of the product, the business, and our customers in the learning landscape.
• 1+ year Program Management Experience
• 4-year degree in computer science, computer engineering, systems engineering or 4 years work experience
• Experience in design process and ability to technically assess advantages and disadvantages, with understand of design trade-offs
• Real passion for online learning and providing opportunities for professionals to gain skills
• Dedication to user research and data analysis
• Successful definition of scenarios that enable customer and business themes
• Ability to collaborate with multiple partners, across a team and across organizational boundaries
• Strong communication skills
• 4+ years of releasing software/services on an engineering team
• Experience with agile methodologies
• Organizational skills and a detail-orientation nature
• Energy to motivate teams, discern issues, and solve them
• Understanding of how open source software is built, improved, and utilized
• Preference for a 4-year degree in computer science, computer engineering, systems engineering or similar curriculum.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program management (engineering)