Microsoft Corporation Program Manager 2 in Redmond, Washington
With hundreds of millions of users and tens of thousands of business customers from every industry and region in the world, Office 365 is the locomotive that is driving Microsoft’s leadership in cloud services. The Office 365 core platform is critical to the success of Office 365 and a foundational ingredient in every productivity experience and intelligent service built in the Microsoft Cloud. This platform underpins new apps and services built by Microsoft and third parties, growing rapidly into the user-centric cloud services ecosystem that will help realize the step change in productivity promised by next generation machine intelligence.
We are looking for seasoned PMs to lead this effort. This position requires the customer intuition to understand and articulate customers’ hidden, unstated, emerging needs; the tenacity to drive business-critical initiatives in ambiguous, high pressure situations; and collaborative spirit to drive results across the organization and with partner groups across the company.
Your top responsibility is to own the Office 365 core app platform:
• Own platform components and technology that is critical to the success of apps and services building on the platform
• Imagine, design, and drive a rapid roadmap of improvements that guide the ecosystem towards new use cases and next generation experiences demanded by customers
• Collaborate with teams across the company and the partners across the industry to drive new app & service concepts from ideation to launch
• 5+ years of program/product management experience
• BA/BS in Computer Science, engineering, or related field
• Customer obsession and empathy
• Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills
• Strong technical aptitude
• Creative and inventive spirit, with a passion for cloud services and big data
• A track record of successfully driving mission critical projects with cross-company, and/or cross-industry stakeholders
• Experience designing and building large scale cloud services
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, a strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently in highly ambiguous environments
• MBA and/or a graduate (MS, PhD) degree in computer science, engineering, math, or a related field
• Experience with big data or machine learning technologies
• Experience as a software engineer or an engineering manager
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Program management (engineering)