Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Category:Software Engineering: Program Management
Location:Redmond, WA, US
Division:Interactive Entertainment Business
Microsoft Studios is looking for a Senior Producer to drive the future of gaming through a hybrid of AAA core games and service-based experiences, technology, and business models. You will work with AAA external game developers and an internal team of top-notch, experienced, cross-discipline employees in Microsoft’s Xbox organization.
As a Senior Producer in the Microsoft Studios Publishing organization, you will work directly with an Executive Producer to lead the efforts on a core AAA title.
This role has a range of responsibilities:
- Lead the development and execution of a gaming service based on a AAA game for core gamers that both keeps them enthusiastically engaged while also driving financial success.
- Lead a cross-functional, virtual team across design, engineering, business, analytics, user research, IT, and more.
- Drive communication between Microsoft Studios and development partner, and across the rest of the Xbox organization. Provide regular status to the various Studios teams, including conducting internal reviews with leads and Studios Management.
- Identify problems in advance and drive creative solutions to fix them. A Senior Producer needs to be able to see challenges before they arise, create plans to manage the tasks and alleviate the risks, and pitch in to execute those plans as needed.
- Work with the external partner and the teams in Microsoft Studios to manage the game schedule and milestones.
- Deep Experience Shipping Free-To-Play Games/Services. Understanding games as a service” and their intersection between experience, technology, and business is a must. Shipping AAA console or PC games is a bonus.
- Strong Cross-Team Communication Skills. You can talk to creatives (e.g. artists and game designers), technical people (e.g. programmers and testers), and non-technical people (e.g. Business, PR and Marketing) alike. When conflicts occur, you bring people together, you listen, you mitigate, and you resolve.
- Passion for and Knowledge of Games. Beyond loving video games, understanding what makes a great video game is key.
- Deals with Ambiguity. There is no instruction manual on how to be a great producer. You use your instincts, experiences, and team to identify, assess, and solve problems quickly and often.
- Exceptional Organization Skills. You are detailed and organized. You never let anything fall through the cracks. You are clear, concise, and specific. When you participate in a meeting, you clarify, capture and follow up on all action items.
- Travel. Since most of our partners are not located in the Redmond area, you can expect to make four or more trips a year. Additional domestic travel is also required.
*To consider similar job openings within Microsoft Game Studios on MS Career, use keyword: Microsoft Studios