Microsoft Corporation Principal Software Engineer in Redmond, Washington
We are looking for a stellar Software Engineer to join us as we lead the biggest bet at Microsoft, Azure. Are you passionate about cloud computing and obsessed with customer experience? Do you like to work services using cutting edge technologies? Do you want to play a significant role in the design of mission critical set of features for Azure? If so we have your next position!
As Azure continues its rapid expansion, the focus for our team is to build real-time, scalable, extensible services and UX experiences for Azure customers. Our people: you will be joining, Azure Customer Engineering team, some of our team’s primary missions are: Azure Support center is a mission critical application and comprehensive supportability platform for Azure. This team will be focused building experiences focused on Support engineer efficiency and moving our Key KPI’s (Throughput, FDR, FWR), developing seamless extensibility model for Azure product teams to build scalable supportability solutions, building infrastructure focused on connecting the Azure service teams with supportability. Azure Diagnostics & Supportability infrastructure team is focused on building diagnostic platform and services to power Self-help experiences for Azure customers in Azure portal and Support agent applications. The goal of these services is to auto-detect & recover Azure service/user issues and help auto scale our support along with Azure adoption.
We are looking for developers who love technological challenges and excel at problem solving, excited about online services, cloud computing and user experience, passionate about making better software and continuously improving the development process Is a self-starter and likes to learn every day as a member of our team, you will participate in all stages of our engineering lifecycle - from initial research and discovery, quick iteration on promising concepts, solution prototyping, designing and delivering features end to end - including system architecture, code, deployment, scale, performance and quality, from conception to delivery all the way through successful service roll out and Live site support.
You will have lot of opportunities and scope to demonstrate breadth, depth of your technical abilities.
• 7+ years of industry experience in software design and development
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
• A proven track record of technical leadership, exemplary designs and implementations.
• Demonstrated experience in shipping high quality products, services and engineering approaches Significant experience with one or more cloud platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS, etc.).
• Passion for designing and building highly available distributed web scale systems.
• Ability to learn and work effectively in a highly ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment.
• Expertise in one or more web application dev frameworks like Angular, Knockout, etc.
• Familiarity with big data tools and platforms (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Azure Data Lake, etc.).
• Strong knowledge of application development practices and cross-group collaboration skills is a plus.
• Experience leading a small group of developers working on a project is a plus.
• Good decision-making skills, conflict resolution, and follow through with customers & partners.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.