Microsoft Corporation Principal Program Manager in Redmond, Washington
The Storefronts team has the charter of helping our customers get the most out of their connected devices by delivering deeply personalized content of all types to Microsoft customers to purchase, use, enjoy, learn and love.
We produce a variety of large-scale product engagement and marketing experiences designed to engage users and create monetization opportunities. The Storefronts platform and tools power these experiences. Our systems optimize the customer’s daily life by delivering what they want, when they want it, where they want it, with elaboration on why it was delivered, and keeping the customer in full control (how they want it).
Beautiful, modern, and consistent user interfaces across multiple devices (PC, Xbox, Hololens, Phones, etc) form a network of experiences (the Microsoft experience). This ‘Microsoft experience’ is a means to accomplish the above. As the ‘Microsoft experience’ gets enriched with more value and products for the customer, search will become a key navigation means.
The Storefront team is seeking a talented program manager for the ‘Microsoft experience’ that can cover the spectrum of understanding the state-of-the-art in search UI & algorithms to the latest theories on man-machine-interaction along with artistic beauty. The candidate will be expected to lead a talented team of program managers who are versed and skilled in this area.
Relevant skills include familiarity with UI design, usability studies, cognitive walk throughs, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, Photoshop and Illustrator, A/B testing, data mining, machine learning models, business modeling, and internet service operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include:
• User experience design thought leadership
• Partnering with the engineering leadership to realize business requirements on a tight timeline
• Being on point for partner teams who utilize the Storefronts systems
• Looking beyond the horizon on emerging business trends and requirements to steer the projects
• High availability service system design
• Business requirement / Product requirement documentation (BRD / PRD)
• Multi-modal communication styles
• Bachelor’s degree in Interactive Design, Human Centric Design, Computer Science or equivalent
• 8+ years of program management experience,
• 5+ years of management experience
• Experience running / proposing a user experience centric product for 3 years
• Excellent cross-group collaboration skills (communicative, cooperative, influence without authority, efficiency)
• Strong technical background with analytical problem-solving skills
• Background and experience in customer service (sales, marketing, support, retail) desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com
Program management (engineering)