Washington State Desktop Support Specialist - Information Technology Specialist 3 in Olympia, Washington
NOTE: This recruitment will be open until filled. It is to the candidate's advantage to apply early. First round assessment will be conducted on July 31, 2017. The agency reserves the right to make an appointment any time after the initial screening date.
WSDOT has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious IT professional who is looking to join a dynamic IT Support team place based in Olympia, WA. This journey-level professional will support regional customers throughout the Olympic-Southwest Region identifying and resolving complex problems with desktop computer hardware, software, and mobile devices, including iOS and cellular. Primary responsibilities include providing technical support for Windows and iOS systems.
At WSDOT we champion diversity and welcome applicants with varying backgrounds and experiences. WSDOT also offers outstanding benefits, a generous amount of paid time off (True Work-Life Balance), a defined benefit pension retirement plan, advancement opportunities, and much more. Clickhere_ for more information regarding our comprehensive benefits package._
This position will perform the following work:
- Monitor, maintain, and support WSDOT workstations and mobile devices.
- Track and monitor active service requests to ensure timely resolution and follow up with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Install and reload software or reconfigures systems where required, either via telephone, by remote access software, or by site visit to the customer.
- Manage and maintain operating systems and computer resources to ensure compliance with current standards.
- Research current technology and conduct process review. Write technical papers and instructional material based on the findings for employees and staff.
- Install and maintain peripherals such as printers, modems, scanners, and removable storage devices.
- Track and monitor IT inventory by assigning assets to individual users and business organizations, documenting assignment, and biennially auditing physical inventory.
- Setup, deliver and install new hardware specific to HATS and AVL, such as iPad tablets, truck mounted control modules and sensors, device specific cabling, etc.
- Provide training, advice, and guidance to technical and non-technical users in the use of software, hardware, and peripheral devices.
- Maintain and resolve hardware and software problems by using specialized technical tools and test equipment to diagnose and resolve faults and replace components, as necessary.
- Promote a cohesive team environment by always being willing to assist other members of the regional and ITD teams as needed.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- A minimum of 3 years prior work experience in Windows/iOS support setting. College education may be substituted for years of service.
- Knowledge of servers, networking, personal computers, peripherals, hardware, software, architecture, environment, infrastructure and operational theory.
- The ability to communicate and collaborate, both orally and in writing with other departments and diverse teams within WSDOT, other agencies, supervisors, employees, and the public promptly and professionally using common language generally understood by most people.
- Experience providing technical consulting and performing installation of IT hardware and software.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and standard Adobe products.
- Experience supporting Apple iPads and iOS
- CompTIA A+ and CompTIA NET+ certifications.
- The ability to lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds to a height of 3-4 feet for delivery or removal from customer areas.
- A valid driver's license with the ability to travel regularly.
- Overnight travel occasionally required.
This position is covered by a union shop provision. Therefore, as a condition of employment, candidates who are appointed are required to become members of the WFSE, or arrange to pay to that union a fee equivalent to its regular monthly dues. The union shop provision shall be effective on the first day of the month following the employee's initial 30 days in this classification.
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please select the large "apply" button at the top of this announcement. You may need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position you will need to answer the supplemental questions, as part of the supplemental questions you will need to provide a letter of interest. Your letter of interest should describe how your experience, training and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Rachel Gieseat 360-905-2223 or email to email@example.com. Please reference recruitment number 17DOT-HQ-04070.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call or email the recruiter.
Salary: $52,788.00 - $69,240.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 17DOT-HQ-04070
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact