Premera Blue Cross Employee Relations Consultant in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Be part of a team that reinvents healthcare and go to work every day to improve peoples’ lives.
This is not an ordinary mission. At Premera, you will wake up every day excited to improve people’s lives by transforming healthcare. Premera is a leading health plan in the Pacific Northwest, providing comprehensive health benefits and tailored services to more than 2 million people, from individuals to Fortune 100 companies. Premera is committed to improving customers’ lives by making healthcare work better. Join us.
At Premera, we strive to create an environment where our employees do their best work. Our Employee Experience team, made up of Human Resources and Real Estate & Facilities, puts our employees at the center of all we do. We lead innovative work that helps grow and develop our teams. We create collaborative work spaces where ideas are shared. Our leaders motivate and inspire others. Together, we champion our purpose. Be a part of this exciting team where you will gain new experiences while making a real difference in the lives of our employees.
As an Employee Relations Consultant you will provide advice and counsel regarding employee related policies and procedures to help problem solve and explore alternatives for conflict resolution and organizational changes. You will provide support in planning and managing projects and/or programs. As a Premera Employee Relations Consultant, you are a strong business and systems thinker, with excellent written and oral communication skills, advanced conflict resolution and influencing skills, and you have the ability to effectively interface with all levels within the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct internal investigations regarding workplace issues such as employee complaints, discrimination, and harassment. Identify root causes and provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution.
- Provide input and recommendations regarding policy changes, development, interpretation, and precedent setting problem resolution.
- Maintain knowledge of, interpret, and provide guidance to employees, management, and HRBP’s and Generalists regarding internal policies, procedures and programs, as well as federal and state labor laws.
- Partner with HRBP’s and Generalists and Management on Reduction in Force (RIF) business cases and selection process.
- Manage complex ADA workplace accommodation cases.
- Create and provide proactive training and education to managers and HRBP’s and Generalists regarding employment laws.
- Assist with conflict resolution including facilitating and/or mediating difficult escalated conversations.
- Plan and manage projects and/or programs.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or four (4) years’ work experience.
- Five (5) years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Prefer specific experience in an Employee Relations role and/or experience researching and resolving employee relations issues.
- Demonstrated experience performing fact-finding investigations, and complaints related to employee relations issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of employment law and best practices.
- Ability to provide advice and assistance to managers and employees and effectively influence on the full-scope of employee relations issues while maintaining strong working relationships.
- Experience leading special projects is preferred.
What we offer:
- Medical, vision and dental options
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (Yes! This includes a pension!)
- Workplace wellness programs
- Time off to reenergize
- Free parking
- And MORE!
Job Title: Employee Relations Consultant
Job ID: 11070
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time