Washington State DSHS Institution Counselor Chemical Dependency Professional in Lakewood, Washington
Institution Counselor 3 - Chemical Dependency Professional
Are you a Chemical Dependency Professional who is passionate about helping others to improve their lives? Here's your chance to be part of a compassionate team dedicated to serving the mentally ill and dually diagnosed population of Washington.
Western State Hospital is actively seeking skilled Chemical Dependency Professionals (CDP) to provide substance use disorder assessments as well as patient education to all programs. This job requires that you be responsible, reliable, and eager to work and learn. Come join our diverse team of professionals!
Some of what you will be doing
- Review and conduct screenings to determine if patients may have a substance use disorder.
- Provide assessment services to determine specific needs in regards to substance use treatment and referral.
- Provide professional preparation and prompt submission of:
- Assessment diagnostic results
- Required state and agency recording forms.
- Provide Motivational interviewing and patient education.
- Consistently maintain professional boundaries with patients and coworkers.
- Ensure prompt and accurate completion of progress notations of all interactions with patients in assigned patient files.
- Consistently implement established agency policies and treatment procedures in regard to work with assigned patients.
- Act consistently to protect the confidentiality of all patients and the integrity of professional staff communication and behavior.
- Adhere to all of the confidentiality requirements and guidelines outlined in the 42 CFR, Part 2 federal regulations pertaining to chemical dependency treatment records.
- Serve as a leader or co-leader of educational groups.
- Meet with supervisor for the purposes of patient clinical consultation and clinical skill development, and/or other designated supervisor staff.
- Coordinate with other staff and departments (such as Ward Administrators, Office Administrators, ward Registered Nurses, Psychiatrists, Psychiatric Social Workers, and Psychology Associates).
What we are looking for
- Experience providing substance use disorder services in a hospital or institutional setting.
Who should apply? Professionals with a Bachelor's degree or higher involving major study in sociology or other social science. OR One year as an Institution Counselor II. AND You must hold a CDP or CDP-T certification in accordance with the qualifications for a Department of Health licensed Chemical Dependency Professional (C.D.P.) or licensed Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee (C.D.P.T.) AND You must either have or be able to obtain a Registration as an Agency Affiliated Counselor Credential (or equivalent) with the Washington State Department of Health.
Application review will be on-going and the hiring authority has the right to make a hiring decision at any point during the process. It is in the applicant's best interest to apply as soon as possible.
Questions about this job opportunity? Please contact Teresa.Alseth@dshs.wa.gov or at 425-595-3466.
Who We Are To learn more about Western State Hospital and how our staff makes a difference in our mission of transforming lives click HERE.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $3,436.00 - $4,506.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County – Lakewood, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2017-09395
Closing: 10/27/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact