Washington State DSHS Fiscal Specialist 1 in Lakewood, Washington
We have an opportunity for someone wanting to grow their career in the area of Financial Services. You will provide administrative support in processing and record keeping involved with payroll time and attendance, local funds and accounts payable. While mainly supporting the Child Study Treatment Center, you are part of the Consolidated Institutional Business Services which supports all of the DSHS Western Washington Residential Facilities and hospitals. You may be asked to assist with a different facility on occasion.
Some of what you will do:
- Process fiscal calculations, reconcile/audit, enter time and attendance source documents into payroll system.
- Compliance review to solve time and attendance source document issues, local fund audit findings, or accounts payable issues and take corrective action when necessary.
- Consult and provide technical assistance on the use and processing of leave and appropriate use of local funds.
- Fiscal calculations related to hours worked (part-time, overtime, standby, leave without pay).
- Review various types of time and leave and enter information into HRMS.
- Point of contact for Field Offices and Payroll office.
- Follow fiscal policies and procedures involving the accumulation and disbursement of local funds.
- Audit, analyze, and reconcile attendance and local funds records.
What we are looking for: Knowledge of basic accounting practices Ability to learn specialized computer systems Ability to process and analyze large amounts of fiscal data within tight deadlines
Who should apply: Professionals with three years fiscal experience. Education can substitute year for year for experience.
Questions? Contact Patti.Palmer@dshs.wa.gov or at 509-454-6917
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process for this job announcement in an alternative format may contact a Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $2,778.00 - $3,612.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County – Lakewood, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2017-09065
Closing: 10/19/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact