Alamo Group Inc. Welder in Kent, Washington
NiteHawk Sweepers is currently recruiting to fill the position of Welder at its facility in Kent, Washington. The Welder, under direct supervision, welds fabricated metal components on the production floor. Welds are performed on parts or subassemblies using an MIG welder. The Welder may position and fit basic metal components, as well as produce component parts to spec per prints or drawings.
NiteHawk Sweepers is a national manufacturer of unique parking lot sweeping equipment and we have been an industry leader for over 25 years. Forbes Magazine has named our parent company, Alamo Group, as one of the Top 100 Most Trustworthy Companies in 2012. Our customers include contractors, municipal and governmental agencies.
We offer competitive wage and benefit package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and holiday/vacation pay. Salary DOE.
If you are interested in working with a fast moving, high energy, progressive manufacturing company, apply today for immediate consideration. To apply, please visit http://www.alamo-group.com/careers.html
NiteHawk Sweepers is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Maintain welding equipment and make adjustments on equipment in preparation to properly weld different parts or subassemblies.
- Perform various simple welding operations following blueprint weld symbols with limited supervision.
- Move parts and/or work piece manually, by hoist, or forklift and secure work piece in weld fixtures or table using clamps and/or wrenches.
- Maintain production quantities, efficiencies, and quality on all welded parts and components.
- Perform quality control inspections and clean/prep all welded components.
- Prepare surfaces to be welded and work with blueprints and drawings to verify accuracy of pre-assembled metal components to be welded.
- Perform simple measurements using devices or gauges to check work.
- Position or tighten braces, jacks, clamps, vices or may bolt parts in position for welding. Also performs re-work, if necessary.
- May record work order information and inventory transactions.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Knowledge of basic procedures of MIG welding.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic procedures of voltage and amperage for given requirements.
- Able to weld simple assemblies with little supervision.
- Able to lift and position fabricated metal parts manually using a hoist or forklift.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to perform standard measurements using a tape measure and other measurement devices.
- Ability to read technical instructions, blue prints, and drawings with weld symbols and specifications.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions with minimal oversight.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to routinely meet both quality and quantity standards for assigned work.
- Physically able to stand/ work 8+ hour shift.
- Able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment including steel toe shoes, hearing protection and welding helmet.
- Ability to work irregular hours or overtime and/or weekends to meet production schedules.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Relevant MIG welding experience in manufacturing environment
Work performed in a non-climate controlled metal manufacturing production environment with frequent standing, twisting, bending, stooping, and climbing in and around metal fabricated parts. Requires frequent lifting, pushing, or pulling of 50 lbs. alone and more than 100 lbs. with assistance. Requires sufficient manual dexterity and visual acuity to operate production equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled