Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title Agriculture Technician, International Ag
Job Function Production/Maintenance
Full Time/Part Time Full Time
Eligible for Relocation Assistance Yes
Job Summary The agriculture technician will assist Lamb Weston’s International Farm Management to implement, uphold and improve our agriculture development standards abroad. This energetic, self-starter will work alongside farm development staff and row crop production crews to support Lamb Weston’s farming ventures in international markets, particularly China. The role will require strong leadership skills and confidence to work successfully in challenging foreign environments. These leadership skills will give the candidate a unique opportunity to improve project management technique, train international crews to improve their local standard, and learn all aspects of greenfield business development abroad. The position is based out of our corporate office in Kennewick, WA, but will require living abroad approximately seventy five to eighty percent (75-80%) of the year in order to support our overseas production ventures.
Position Responsibilities • Provide on-the-ground, technical leadership assistance to support our company strategy for producing and storing high quality processing potatoes and rotation crops.
• Assist in all aspects of project management for farm development including: construction design, materials sourcing, creating safe jobsite conditions, managing vendor relationships, and managing project timelines.
• Creatively modify existing techniques, standards and systems to function in foreign conditions and promote quality potato and rotation crop production.
• Act as a coach and guide to foreign operations staff who may be unaccustomed to operating advanced equipment and systems to a high standard.
• Take a quantitative, investigative approach to farming and farm development. Analyze and interpret the results of recent work in order to improve processes.
• Support fundamental aspects of greenfield” project development including: budgeting, equipment and input procurement, vendor selection, drafting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and implementation of business plans.
Position Qualifications Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture, engineering or construction engineering management field plus 2+ years of work experience in agriculture (ideally potato production) required.
• Life-time farming background (operated or grew up on a farm) might substitute for Bachelor’s degree.
• Strong leadership, collaborative and communication skills required.
• Solid computer skills to create and manipulate spreadsheets and other reporting documents required.
• Some project management skills and ability to be a patient teacher and effective motivator highly preferred.
• Background in both the agronomic and the economic aspects of potato production highly preferred.
• Mechanical aptitude required. Practical mechanical, fabrication and welding skills highly preferred.
• Some Chinese Language skills preferred but not required.
• Prior experience in developing, managing and reporting budgets preferred but not required.
• Able and driven to work and live in international, remote, rural areas for the duration of the growing season.
In addition to regular salary and benefits, those assigned to work in China will receive the following:
• 25% salary premium while on location in China
• Daily per diem or monthly cost of living allowance to assist with daily living costs.
• Paid housing and utilities when on location (assuming that a home in the U.S. is maintained by the employee).
• Paid rest and relaxation extended weekend trips to a larger city every 90 days.
• Paid trips home every 6 months.
• A referral bonus of $3500 will be paid for the referral of a candidate who is hired and relocates to China for this position.