Esterline Temporary Component Engineer in Everett, Washington
The Component Engineer is responsible for performing research on electronic components, selection of electronic components, obsolescence management, and development of electronic component standards for high reliability aerospace and military designs. The Component Engineer will also be bridging the gaps between engineering, purchasing, production, and vendors on complex component issues.
- Manage and sustain the Electronic Component Management Plan (ECMP) systems and databases.
- Track electronic component obsolescence and work with cross functional teams to find alternates and develop documentation to implement part changes.
- Review all new electronic component selections to insure part attributes meets the final products requirements.
- Evaluate Pb-free component substitutions, qualify alternative parts, and identify high risk components.
- Interface with Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, and suppliers to address component issues.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
Understand and live by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies. Qualifications
Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and PC skills as they are required.
High reliability aerospace and military electronics experience preferred.
Experience with the transition to lead free technologies preferred.
Ability to manage shifting priorities and multiple customer demands on a daily basis.
- Customer Focus
- Ethics and Values
- Problem Solving
- Integrity and Trust
- Functional/Technical Skills
Values Diversity Education/Previous Experience Requirements
BS in Electrical engineering or equivalent high reliability electrical design experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience including a minimum of 3 years experience performing component engineer type duties.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Job Title: Temporary Component Engineer
Req ID: 11582BR
Location: Korry Electronics
Country: United States
Position Type: Temporary
Job Level: Individual Contributor